The focus on speed and cost effectiveness drove us to explore multiple designs in parallel.
Mission 1: Accessible basics.
- Provide vulnerable households with access to grocery staples during the stressful early days of the pandemic.
- We designed a grocery box proposition that could be offered nearly immediately and fulfilled via 3rd party logistics.
- Launched nationally in 3 weeks.
Mission 2: Rapid access to critical products.
- A rapid delivery partnership with Deliveroo to allow customers in urban areas to replenish their most important products, and put meals on the table.
- Helped us trial early designs of an in-store fulfilment service.
- Launched in supported locations in 6 weeks.
Mission 3: The big shop.
- A cost-effective way for the retailer to allow consumers to complete their weekly grocery shop online and minimise the impact of social distancing in-store – all whilst maintaining clear price leadership in the market.
- Launched as a trial in 16 weeks, then another 12 weeks to scale across hundreds of stores.